Fighting Spirit KickBoxing club is one of the newest and fastest growing clubs in Bristol. Started in January 2006 by Lyle Hopkins the club has proved popular among women looking to keep in shape, men looking to compete and children looking to have fun and learn new skills. To ensure a good level of attention for all students, classes are limited to no more than 12 students. Please register for your free class and you will be notified if there is currently a space. Classes contain a good mixture of both men and women.
Lyle Hopkins holds a Black Belt in FreeStyle KickBoxing and Wada Ryu Karate. He has worked as a doorman in Bristol and gained real life experience in dealing with street conflict situations. He is currently training in Judo and grappling techniques with the aim to move the club towards mixed martial arts. He's worked with both parents and teachers to stamp out bullying, and give victims the strength and confidence to stand up to bullies.
Master Hopkins has competed in many KickBoxing tournaments for the WUMA Federation and other associations. The titles he has won so far are:-
- British Champion 2010 (Adv Continuous 80kg+)
- National Judo Champion 2008 (Novice)
- National Full Contact Champion 2005 (80kg+)
- English Open Champion 2005 (Adv Continuous 80kg+)
- Welsh Open Champion 2005 (Adv Continuous & Points 80kg+)
- English Open Champion 2004 (Adv Continuous 80kg+)
- Welsh Open Champion 2004 (Adv Continuous & Points 80kg+)
- Welsh Champion of Champions 2004 (Adv Continuous & Points 80kg+)
You can order any kickboxing kit you need here and collect it later in class.